Beginning Questions.Path-Route

Topics: Algorithms
May 8, 2007 at 1:38 PM
Hello everyone,

i have some questions :

1) How can i calculate a route of an address to other using SharpMap? It's possible , how? Please help me.

2) Exists some example online , or somebody is using SharpMap in web? Please someone have urls of projects using SharpMap for web?

3) I need develop , an system web where the user can click in the map to mark a street , or the user can click in the map and drag to select a region(circule,elipse,etc...) , and the user can click in the map and drag to move the map to other region . Please how can i do this? What tools i will need? Where i find some information about this questions ?

Thanks for help.
May 8, 2007 at 2:48 PM
1. You must query the layer to obtain geometries...
2. Look in the Source Code section, there is a full working ASP.NET example (using the simple shape file provider)
3. SharpMap web control can query layers, so you can identify the geometry you clicked, but you have to use NTS to obtain a precise matching, otherwise you'll obtain only a result at bounding box level. Search Google for NTS SharpMap sample, you'll find a couple of examples. The Pan function (click and drag) is obviusly supported... while the drag-to-select feature isn't... moreover at best you can drag and select only using a rectangular shape, since (as I said) bounding box are used to test collision... maybe NTS could do the trick, I really don't know :P
Finally, I think you need to download and have a look to SharpMap source and NTS... ^^
May 8, 2007 at 5:02 PM
BladeWise , very thank you for your help....

I have downloaded the source SharpMap code and NTS too. I will study both ....

One more thing , do you know of some project using SharpMap ? URL ?

May 9, 2007 at 10:54 AM
Uhmmm... I would say NTS :D
I really don't know if any professional company or such is currently using this library, but I can say that I'm improving a bit this library since the company where I'm now wants to use it :P