Transformation of polygon

Topics: Algorithms
May 14, 2007 at 1:06 PM
Hi everybody,
I've one question. Is it possible in the shapefile to get polygon X, Y coordinates afterwards change them (e. g. assign new values) and return the polygon with changed X, Y coordinates, so to make polygon transformation.

Thanks in advance
May 14, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Uhmm... I could say that this is how CoordinateTransformation works... I can't understand if you need to modify and save a particular polygon, or you need to apply the trasformation to a layer... moreover it depends on the transformation you need... anyway, search with google for "sharpmap coordinate transform" and you should find something you could find interesting (I hope :P), posted on the SharpGIS blog!
May 14, 2007 at 7:34 PM
Thank you for reply BladeWise. Actually I am working on Europe map (europe.shp) transformation; it means that I would like to make new view of the borders of the countries in the Europe. Border of the country is a polygon after it transformation I will get new country border line. In some cases not all border lines should to shift. Maybe it is more detailed description of the situation. Some ideas...
Thanks
May 15, 2007 at 7:22 AM
Uhmmm... if the trasformation you need can be specified by a datum, easting, northing etc, and can be converted in a WKT, then you can use coordinates trasformation.
I'm not well versed in coordinate transformations, so you should experiment a bit, have a look at the example in the DemoWebsite project.