SharpMap Mobile for PPC

Aug 27, 2006 at 10:39 AM
Hi everybody,

First of all congratulations for your project. It´s a great work and it has good documentation.

I have been talking with NTS (Net Topology Suite) developers about reading and painting ESRI Shapefiles in a Pocket Pc form.

They told me about your project and a special version for Compact Framework.

I am very intereseted in using it. Is it working?, is there any release for CF?

Thank you.
Aug 27, 2006 at 3:34 PM
Oct 26, 2006 at 4:17 PM
I'd like to roll in some of my PPC changes into the main codebase, as they are fairly unobtrusive. How can I get check-in permissions?
Nov 24, 2006 at 5:19 AM
Ok, but this is not complete. The TestProject fails to run due to the fact that PocketPCs don't copy accross the files extensions? or am i doing something wrong?
Nov 27, 2006 at 4:36 AM
I got the test project to run; one of the shapefile extensions was not set to content (was not being copied over). so far performance is ok with shapefiles; going to try using a mobile sql db next.
Nov 29, 2006 at 2:06 PM
Got the mobile sql working. The mobile sql is less efficent than shapefile as far as size goes (5mb shapefile = 20mb mobile db). The performance is about the same (I am testing with a large layer 29k road segments). Going to try to play with indexes and the queries to see if I can get better performace.
Nov 30, 2006 at 4:00 AM
Hi, im also developping for the PPC.

jandej, dont know which kind of errors you get but some steps are required.

CFBUILD must be set, either on the proyect or defining it on the source files.

the jpg file must be properties->embedded

and a reference to it must be changed if you include the library on a proyetc.

best regards.
Jan 5, 2007 at 12:27 PM
Sorry about the errors, thanks for the feedback. I'm still waiting for permission to add the PPC stuff to the main source. Anyone listening?

Jan 11, 2007 at 5:41 PM

Please contact me via IRC