GDAL questions

Topics: General Topics
Sep 7, 2006 at 1:46 AM
It's possible to use a raster layer of so large minor that the verctor layer?
For example, I use a world layer of web ajax demo and gdal layer of South America only (downloaded from geoTorrent.org).
When click zoom in South America, works fine, but when click zoom or pan output of a gdal limits (Europe for example), it does not work, it never solves the new drawing. Sorry for my BAD English.
Developer
Sep 7, 2006 at 1:59 PM
I'm not so sure what your problem is, but if you mix different raster datasources, please make sure that all the data share the same projection, datum and coordinate system.
Sep 8, 2006 at 1:17 AM
Thanks to respond. I am using the shape files of ajax demo (countries, cities and rivers) and only a file to raster (South America Landsat742.ecw downloaded of geoTorrent.org). When pan outside South America, it is left the sandclock mouse cursor and never finishes drawing the map. Within South America it works perfectly. I will continue proving. Thank you very much.
Developer
Sep 8, 2006 at 10:46 AM
Try using the simple approach instead of the AJAX control. That might give you a better idea about what is wrong.
Also I do wonder whether your problem is related to this issue: http://www.codeplex.com/Project/DisplayThread.aspx?ProjectName=SharpMap&ForumId=396&ThreadId=1256
Sep 8, 2006 at 11:20 PM
Thanks. Indeed it's my problem. I changed by the EcwRasterLayer (Interop.NCSECWLib.dll) and works perfectly.