GdalRasterLayer grainy images

Topics: Data Access, General Topics, Web Controls, WinForms Controls
Jul 17, 2007 at 2:52 PM
All,

Just a quick question that's hopefully quick to answer. When loading one of our O/S map TIF files in Windows Imaging tool it is very clear indeed, however, when displaying it using the GdalRasterLayer the image always appears slightly grainy, with certain aspects less well defined / less visible, almost as if there is some compression going on to reduce the amount of data going over the network

Is this the case? If so, is there an easy way to configure the layer to stop it? Or could somebody please just point me in the right direction of the piece of code doing the compression so I may edit it to my needs?

Thanks
Jim
Jul 20, 2007 at 2:29 PM

fatboyjim wrote:
All,

Just a quick question that's hopefully quick to answer. When loading one of our O/S map TIF files in Windows Imaging tool it is very clear indeed, however, when displaying it using the GdalRasterLayer the image always appears slightly grainy, with certain aspects less well defined / less visible, almost as if there is some compression going on to reduce the amount of data going over the network

Is this the case? If so, is there an easy way to configure the layer to stop it? Or could somebody please just point me in the right direction of the piece of code doing the compression so I may edit it to my needs?

Thanks
Jim

I also have same isue. can anybody help me.