Unhandled exception 1115 with label layer, oledbpoint datasource

Topics: Data Access, WinForms Controls
Jul 26, 2007 at 1:12 PM
Extracting only the relevant code:

Dim L_vehicle As New SharpMap.Layers.VectorLayer("vehicle")
Dim L_label01 As New SharpMap.Layers.LabelLayer("Label01")

L_vehicle.DataSource = New SharpMap.Data.Providers.OleDbPoint(connStr, tablename, oid, xColumn, yColumn)
Llabel01.DataSource = Lvehicle.DataSource
L_label01.LabelColumn = "label"

MapImage1.Map.Layers.Add(L_label01)
MapImage1.Map.Layers.Add(L_vehicle)

MapImage1.Refresh()

Then it gives an unhandled exception 1115. If I comment out the label stuff, it works well. Any ideas how to get the labels to work?
Aug 2, 2007 at 12:45 PM
Labels are still defeating me, from any DataSource I'm able to test except shapefiles. That means oledbpoint, postgis and postgis2. Maybe it's something I'm not getting, but I've read any remotely relevant piece of info and example I can find. Now if I understand correctly, and adapting from the example, if I set the query tool on the layer with DataSource set to the table holding the vehicle positions and other info, then click on one of the points, I get a MapQueried event that gives me a FeatureDataTable. I then assign this to the DataSource of a DataGridView and it should show the rest of the fields for this point (name, speed, etc). This works for the shapefiles, but comes up empty for the oledbpoint, postgis and postgis2 DataSources.

I am now using VB 2005, SharpMap 24127 (though I started with 0.9) and PostgreSQL as backend.