I don`t know to read file .KML

Topics: Data Access, General Topics
Aug 23, 2007 at 8:50 AM
Hello

You can help me, i have a file point.kml, i want read it by sharpmap.dll.
Aug 23, 2007 at 4:28 PM
Without knowing what a KML file is (I am new to the GeoSpatial world), I would look and see if there is a data provider for that type of data source. If you dont find one, transfer the data to an Access table (or some other known data provider) and use the well defined data providers.

Bill
Aug 24, 2007 at 2:29 AM

wwoelbel wrote:
Without knowing what a KML file is (I am new to the GeoSpatial world), I would look and see if there is a data provider for that type of data source. If you dont find one, transfer the data to an Access table (or some other known data provider) and use the well defined data providers.

Bill

Thanks you
but you can learn me to read file .KML.
this is a file .KML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0">
<Placemark>
<name>New York, NY</name>
<address>New York, NY</address>
<styleUrl>root://styleMaps#defaultnicon=0x304hicon=0x314</styleUrl>
<Point>
<coordinates>-74.007130,40.714490,0</coordinates>
</Point>
<LookAt>
<longitude>-74.007130</longitude>
<latitude>40.714490</latitude>
<range>386.917969</range>
</LookAt>
</Placemark>
</kml>

if i double click it , software google earth will open it. I don`t want double click it. I want write a web with a button to open .KML to auto open software google earth .
Developer
Aug 24, 2007 at 7:10 AM
You need a custom provider, like shapefile provider or others in sharpmap, that parse the xml file and returns it's informations... maybe you could write the provider itself :)
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2007 at 7:20 AM
OGR doesn't support reading KML yet, so D_Guidi is right, you'd need a custom provider. Contributions accepted.
Aug 24, 2007 at 4:45 PM
You can learn me to create custom provider, i try it but don`t run
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2007 at 5:29 AM
Hi phonghunter,

If you post what you have as a patch, I'll look at it. You can submit a patch here: http://www.codeplex.com/SharpMap/SourceControl/UploadPatch.aspx.