Compilation with gdal

Topics: General Topics, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Sep 27, 2007 at 3:49 PM
Hi SharpMappers,

I'm sitting here for some days compiling SharpMap with the support of gdal. Until now, I tried about two dozen of different combinations of SharpMap, patches and fwtools.

My questions now are:
> What is the correct version of the sourcecode? Downloading via the CodePlexClient? Or is this the same code like in Changeset 26474?
> Then I need some patches for gdal. Is changeset 23897 the only necessary one? Do I need some workitems?
> The sourcecode contains two folders, Trunk and Branches. I insert cs 23897 into the Trunk-folder. Is this right?
> Now, which is the correct version of the fwtools I need for compiling?

I know, that these are questions of a beginner, but I hope, that some of you can help me!
Thanks!

marrin
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2007 at 5:54 AM
Hi Marrin -

I can answer a few of your questions...

There are currently two versions of SharpMap: v1.0 (released as v0.9) and v2.0. The branches on CodePlex are currently not used, but will be once the CodePlex team hosts the Subversion bridge.

The GDAL patch submitted by dan3258 makes a number of fixes and improvements to the GDAL layer. It is located in the Patches section of the source code.

Not sure which version of FwTools to use, but I think v1.3.5 works. Maybe Dan or Joel would confirm?