Raster indices...

Topics: General Topics
Oct 6, 2007 at 12:41 AM
Edited Oct 6, 2007 at 10:52 AM
In agriculture, the proprietary raster formats that we deal with index the bottom row of the matrix as zero. Imagery layers that I have seen in other software indexes the top row as zero. Which does SharpMap use? (too lazy to look at the code :))
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2007 at 3:07 AM
Hi Magnum4610 -

I'm guessing that you are talking about how the coordinate data is indexed in the data file... If so, then this would be handled by the data provider. Storage format is an implementation detail - the thing that matters is the projected coordinate system described as an ICoordinateSystem to SharpMap. Does this answer your question?
Oct 14, 2007 at 8:01 AM
I was really just looking for comments about the approach used in most file formats. We were building a rasterization object that also serves as a data provider so it is easy to show the results of the rasterization as a layer on a map. We chose to create a Raster interface that exposes a property indicating if the raster is indexed from the top or the bottom and whether the raster aligns with the top or bottom of the extent of the underlying vector data. So the question is a moot now. Thanks!