Return line event & Tracking Layer

Topics: SharpMap v2.0, WinForms Controls
Oct 9, 2007 at 4:44 PM
I'm trying to find on SharpMap some similar methods that I used in MapObjects... One of them is the Return Line Event used in Dynamic Segmentation: When I passed two values of some linestring (meassures onto linestring, start - end) I want the extracted geometry resultant of those values on linestring, I didn't found something like that on SharpMap, is ther other way to do that? And the second question: on MapObjects there is an concept of Tracking Layer, an auxiliar and temporal layer. Is there something like that on SharpMap?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2007 at 6:02 AM
Hi Atitlan -

SharpMap doesn't have dynamic segmentation currently, although it has been requested before, and I just made a workitem: Implement dynamic segmentation. You can do the geometric intersection with NTS currently, however, since it could be done with an intersection of a box which has sides at the start and end points of the line. Event data can be stored in a FeatureDataTable.

As for a tracking layer (such as an event tracking layer), you can do this with a layer which has a GeometryProvider or (in v2.0) a FeatureProvider data source, where you can make the geometries be whatever you want (such as adding points from a GPS, such as could be done on an event tracking layer).
Oct 14, 2007 at 4:16 PM
Ok, Thanks, i'm going to try de NTS with de box intersection.