Tutorial for beginners

Topics: Data Access, SharpMap v2.0, WinForms Controls
Nov 12, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Hi all,
I have a working project based on Sharpmap 0.9, now I want to add new features so I'd like to use the 2.0 beta 1 version, but I'm finding big problems to understand the developing differences. For example I don't manage to create a GeometryLayer form a FeatureDataTable (loaded from database), I dont' know where is the required IFeatureLayerProvider and so on.
I think that these are very basic questions but without a demo project or some docs is very hard to start.

Is there a tutorial for beginners or a simple winform demo project to study ?Maybe not based on shape files but on postgis database

Best regards

HappyMan
Nov 13, 2007 at 1:43 AM
I wouldn't mind the same thing. I tried to update my application from 0.9 to 2.0, and had issues compiling. Many objects I was previously using in 0.9 weren't present in 2.0

I also wouldn't mine more information on data providers, advantages/disadvantages of using various data sources, and how to convert between various data sources (e.g. how do I go from SQL Server data to a shapefile, or is that totally unrelated to SharpMap?).

(forgive me if these are dumb questions, but I don't totally understand how all of this works and what the preferred method may be)
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2007 at 8:10 PM
Hi -

Unless someone else gets to it first, I'll put this work item on tap for the next iteration after the GeoAPI conversion.
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2007 at 8:11 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.