SharpMap and MapInfo

Topics: Data Access, Algorithms, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, SharpMap v2.0
Nov 16, 2007 at 2:05 PM
Hi All -

Does anyone know a way in either SharpMap 0.9 or 2.0 Beta to load in MapInfo .TAB files? I have queried this forum, searched the internet, tried FWTools, etc... and Im not getting anywhere. A sample or process outline would be extremely helpful as Im running out of options here. It seems that there may be a few different paths to setting this up however most of the posts on this are 8-12 months old and when I try to follow the logic I can never get it to work...

thanks in Advance!

Kevin
Developer
Nov 17, 2007 at 12:13 PM
http://www.codeplex.com/SharpMap/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Data%20formats%20supported&referringTitle=Home
using ogrprovider
Nov 17, 2007 at 1:38 PM
D_Guidi -

I know that orgprovider has support but I have also read numerous posts on this site re: this where some posts indicate you have to install FWTools, some say you dont, some reference ShapMap.Extensions some dont, so I guess I was looking for a definitive answer/example on how to use the provider an what /dlls have to be included/referenced...

any assistance you can provide in this area is greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Kevin
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2007 at 8:56 PM
Hey Kevin -

I think you're right - the situation with the Ogr provider isn't very clear right now. I know it works with v0.9, but it takes a lot of undocumented setup. I'm trying to fix this situation for v2.0, but at the moment, the core functionality is taking priority, so returning to convert the various providers to v2.0 will be saved for some future iteration, likely the one after next, pushing it into the early January timeframe.
Nov 19, 2007 at 8:56 PM
Hey codekaizen/others -

I understand these things get delayed... Do you or anyone else know what the "undocumented" setup would look like? I would really appreciate the help on this since its pretty critical for a project Im trying to prototype SharpMap with...

thanks!,

Kevin
Nov 27, 2007 at 2:22 PM
Still searching for an answer on this... if anyone has examples of using mapinfo with SharpMap please let me know by either posting here or sending me a private message!

I am continuing to work on this problem - if/when I find the answer I will be more then happy to post the results to this thread so others can benefit as well!

thanks,
Kevin