Raster Layer ASP.net ?

Nov 17, 2007 at 5:37 AM
I would like to use raster layer on my sharpmap asp.net page.

I’m new using sharpmap, but I’m able to set vectors layers, and manipulate map. But I couldn’t make raster layer to work.

I read that I need to use Gdal to use raster, at first I thought it was a DLL, after some reading I discovered I had to get some DLLs and after 2 days I knew that I don’t know nothing.

I don’t know what Gdal is, I’m trying to figure out how to use it but I don’t get it.

I just want to put some raster on my map, so if any one knows how to do it, please help me.

Thanks,

Alberto Almeida
Developer
Nov 17, 2007 at 8:46 AM
Edited Nov 17, 2007 at 8:56 AM
Install the FW tools. In the most recent changeset the SharpMap.Extensions project includes all the .net dlls needed. Use the Layers/GdalRasterLayer.cs and Data/Providers/OgrProvider.cs.

good luck

Paul.

Alberto1980 wrote:
I would like to use raster layer on my sharpmap asp.net page.

I’m new using sharpmap, but I’m able to set vectors layers, and manipulate map. But I couldn’t make raster layer to work.

I read that I need to use Gdal to use raster, at first I thought it was a DLL, after some reading I discovered I had to get some DLLs and after 2 days I knew that I don’t know nothing.

I don’t know what Gdal is, I’m trying to figure out how to use it but I don’t get it.

I just want to put some raster on my map, so if any one knows how to do it, please help me.

Thanks,

Alberto Almeida

Nov 19, 2007 at 4:39 PM
Thanks Paul, I couldn't make Gdal work because I got an old extension pack and it had a lot of missing references.

Now raster is working but with that a lot of errors apeared and when raster is zoommed out the quality seens poor.

I will try a little bit more.

Thanks a lot,

Alberto Almeida