New regular IRC chat developer meetings on wednesday at 20:00 UTC

Topics: SharpMap Project
Coordinator
Dec 6, 2007 at 1:50 PM
Hi all,

Everybody, who is interested in elevating SharpMap to a mature library is invited for the new regular developer meeting on wednesday at 20:00 UTC.

The developer meeting will be held in the well know IRC channel #SharpMap on irc.freenode.net

I hope to see you soon!

regards
Christian
Dec 6, 2007 at 5:30 PM
Can you point me to the place to learn about those IRC options. I've never used IRC.
Dec 7, 2007 at 8:34 AM
IRC is just like a group chat in IM clients you may know (AIM, Yahoo!, MSN). You need to install some software depending on you OS. Generally speaking, you can use the Chatzilla Firefox extension or download an IRC client. Search Wikipedia for IRC and you will be pointed in the right direction.
In your client, set up your nickname, connect to the irc.freenode.net server, and join the #sharpmap channel. Then, join the discussion!
Dec 7, 2007 at 1:24 PM
Got a client and got connected. Are there conversations on that channel frequently?
Developer
Dec 10, 2007 at 1:48 PM
No, there is usually nothing going on there, but maybe that should change. I think SharpMap could benefit from a more lively IRC channel. I will try to hang there whenever I can.

Paul.

Magnum4610 wrote:
Got a client and got connected. Are there conversations on that channel frequently?

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2007 at 5:35 PM
Hi,

Paul is right, if he says that Sharpmap needs more activity.
Sharpmap also needs more active developers, who brings SharpMap forwards.

regards
Christian