Load and linking attribute information from DB to .shp file

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:22 PM
Hi, Thank you all for your response to my first question. I have . shp file. Which I successfully display in sharpmap. And I have a database mssqlserver with additional attribute information for the layer (the organization in the building). I am interested in technology load attribute information from a database in shapefile and linking it with geodate(region of building). Will there be enough for this .dbf file, or have to use a relational database (MSAccess)? Thanks!
Mar 22, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Hi novotom, there isnt really any ability to join datasets 'live'. You can however use the GeometryFeatureProvider to build a new derived dataset by combining data from multiple sources 'up front'. Alternatively consider pre processing your data or importing into a database. Most db providers can use a view which means you can pre-can any joins that you need. Personally I wouldnt use access though.. try Sql Server Express.. cheers jd 

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:14 PM
Thanks for the quick response! I'll look at two ways that you offered me. I am developing "city guide" for free download.And I want to maximally simplify the system requirements for client,in particular, the database.