Showing the Point details from the text file

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Hi, I am using the Sharp Map for plotting the points.Now i want to display the information from the text file which is having the data for the point like latitude,longitude,date/time etc.I am able to create a pop up for the mouse clicked but unable to match the point coordinates on the map with those stored n a file because the latitude/longitude of the Map varies with Zoom How can i show the information from the information stored in a file for a point clicked on the Map. Thanks in adance
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Hello kjsl2010,

I strongly urge you to put your data in a shapefile or some other spatial format so you can take advantage of the providers that are already there.

If you really want, you can create your own provider (implement IProvider) and you should be all set to follow the examples in the Documentation | HowTo section.

Hth FObermaier

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:21 AM

hi,

can u give me an example of how to put data for points to sharp map file

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2010 at 8:01 AM
Edited Apr 16, 2010 at 9:42 AM

if you can provide some small sample  of what your textfile looks like...

you might want to have a look at ogr2ogr of the gdal suite / fwtools. It can handle all kinds of spatial data and can convert them, too. Maybe the csv - driver is appropriate for your needs.

cheers FObermaier

Edit: It just came to my mind that you could use stuff the data of your textfile in a GeometryFeatureProvider and use that to create your layer.