Geometry Methods

Topics: SharpMap v2.0
Feb 20, 2008 at 11:15 AM
Hello

I'm using Sharpmap v0.9 for a little time and I have seen that there are geometry and polygon methods which are not implemented like "intersection" and I would know if Sharpmap v2.0 has these methods implemented.

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2008 at 3:25 PM
They will be implemented in v2.0 (and are almost complete at the moment).

To give you a little background: we knew that the geometries which are in v0.9 were not sufficient for performing spatial relations and operations, and so we didn't put much work into them. The NTS Topology Provider gave enough functionality to do what most people wanted at the time, and so we refocused attention to refactoring the geometries out of SharpMap to allow the use of NTS geometries more closely via a common interface, which is called GeoAPI. This will allow you to use the simple geometries (with bounding box spatial relations and operations) or the NTS geometries (with full and robust spatial relations and operations), depending on your needs.

I am currently working through the failing unit tests for SharpMap v2.0 Beta 2 and have about 60 left to complete before I'm able to announce a reasonably good candidate for Beta 2.
Feb 20, 2008 at 6:58 PM
Hello

Thanks you to answer me, but I have not undertand yet if Sharpmap v2.0 Beta 1 has implemented this methods or they are in Sharpmap v2.0 Beta 2.

I say this because I have made an aplication with Sharpmap v0.9 and I want to extend this program with these methods, so I ask me if you can advise me in what version I must use for this.

Thanks

PD: Your team and you are realizing an amazing job
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2008 at 10:34 PM
Thanks, IbanMa...

SharpMap v2.0 Beta 1 does not have the geometries you are looking for.

SharpMap v2.0 Beta 2 will, but it is not yet at release quality. If you want to start looking at it, however, and have a sufficiently stout constitution in order to manage the complexity of the sources, Building SharpMap v2.0 will get you started in the right direction.
Feb 21, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Ufff, I belive that I have not enougth knowledges to make this, jejeje.

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2008 at 4:17 PM
I understand... it is far from easy. :(

However, on the bright side, I hope to package up the code in a zip and put it out as a stabilization release leading up to Beta 2. It should build out of the box. Grab the Releases feed to get notice on when this happens.
Feb 21, 2008 at 7:55 PM
Ok, I will be very attentive to this section.

Thank you very much