OraOps10w.dll for SharpMap with Oracle

Topics: Data Access, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, WinForms Controls
Mar 10, 2008 at 11:47 AM
Dear all

I'm keen to have a play with SharpMap and this is my first post. I've got the demo Windows app reading from a Shape file but wanted to try reading from an Oracle database. I downloaded the requisite files and made the required tweaks until the app built, but I am unable to add the "OraOps10w.dll" as a reference, getting the following error:

A reference to '<filepath to OraOps10w.dll>' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

Under my Oracle Client folder I found "OraOps10.dll" and tried to add this instead, but got the same error. I don't think it's an environment/path issue because the path to the Oracle Client version of the DLL is in my PATH environment variable.

Any ideas? Anyone experienced this?

I'm running VS2005 on XP SP2.

Thanks
Stuart
Developer
Mar 10, 2008 at 5:09 PM
OraOps10.dll is an unmanaged dll, so you need to copy this lib into the bin folder
Mar 11, 2008 at 11:12 AM
Edited Mar 11, 2008 at 11:14 AM

D_Guidi wrote:
OraOps10.dll is an unmanaged dll, so you need to copy this lib into the bin folder

I guessed it would be something simple.

I'm still not up and running but at least I've moved forward. Current problem is, I think, an Oracle setup issue so this discussion can close.

Thanks for your help.
Mar 14, 2008 at 8:02 PM
Edited Mar 14, 2008 at 8:07 PM
Hi, I made this oracle provider for sharpmap 0.9 ;-) I have not yet tested this provider on sharpmap 2.0
Try this:
First you need to instal Oracle ODP.net in your PC. To add reference to Oracle do this: Add References->.net->Oracle Data Access. Copy manualy "Oracle.DataAccess.dll" and "OraOps10w.dll" in your application path to run correctly the provider.
This provider have still some bugs ... I´m working on it ...

Operator
Developer
Mar 15, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Operator wrote:
Hi, I made this oracle provider for sharpmap 0.9 ;-) I have not yet tested this provider on sharpmap 2.0

Finally I've found you, maybe... ;)
Have you take a look at my fixes and improvements?
http://www.codeplex.com/SharpMap/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=12357
http://www.codeplex.com/SharpMap/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=12025