how to

Topics: CompactFramework, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Feb 10, 2011 at 6:08 AM

I'm happy for using sharpmap in my work.

Any suggestion how or is it possible to store SQL Server 2008 geographic colum in SQL Server compact 3.5 SP2,

if it is posibble how can I do the true intersection testing on geometries using NetTopologySuite using .sdf file not using .shp ?

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Hello d2ng,

as far as i know SQL Server compact 3.5 is not capable of storing SqlGeometry/SqlGeography data.

You can store the geometries as a binary blob (WKB) and use sharpmap converters to read them. I'd suggest you store the extents in a seperate column, so you can easily setup a QuadTree (just like the ShapeFile provider does) to enhance performance on spatial queries.

You might want to consider using SharpMap.SqlServerSpatialObjects project to perform true intersection testing.

If you are not stuck on SqlServer Compact 3.5 SP2, you might want to use SharpMap's SpatiaLite (see www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite ) provider,.

Hth FObermaier

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Thanks a lot FObermaier, I 'll try your suggest, and I will try also to use SpatiaLite if it can be used to sync with SQL Server 2008 using Microsoft Sync Framework

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Where can I find the SharpMap.SqlServerSpatialObjects?, I did not see it in SharpMap help file, FObermaier.

Thanks

Hth d2ng

Developer
Feb 23, 2011 at 7:36 AM

check the trunk: http://sharpmap.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/85325#

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Thanks  a lot D_Guidi, I have just download the latest sharpmap on above url, I see now the SharpMap.SqlServerSpatialObjects