Sharpmap and VS2010

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:42 PM

I am using Sharpmap with VS 2010, but seem to be having a lot of trouble. The map works fine. I then create an rdlc report - when I try and link the dataset to the report I get the following error: "Could not load file or assembly 'ProjNet',Version=1.0.2794.16965, Culture=neutral,Public Token = a1f5bdcd9c6f5740 or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." I don't understand this as what has a file used by SharpMap got to do with the RDLC dataset. I recreated the app without SharpMap, and everything works fine when I try to link the dataset. As soon as I add SharpMap I get the error. I took dll's out 1 at a time and it seems that the SharpMap.dll file is causing the problem.  Can anybody help?

Thanks

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Dont worry - I have found a solution - I see on the web other people are experiencing the same problem (not using SharpMap) - it seems that you have to rename the bin folder to something else - add your datasource and then rename your bin again - apparently  Microsoft is working on this problem.

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I had a similar (though different) runtime System.BadImageFormatException for assembly "SharpMap" when trying to run DemoWinForm.VS2010 project.  Here's what I did to get SharpMap to build and run in VS2010:

1. Change these project properties to target .NET Framework 3.5 - DemoWinForm.VS2010, SharpMap.VS2010, SharpMap.UI.VS2010
  2. Change SharpMap.VS2010 platform target to "Any CPU" and verify the others are set accordingly.  Double check the project references are happy (no warning icons).
  3. Build and run

HTH!

- Dustin

Developer
Apr 22, 2011 at 3:11 PM

try set target to x86 or x64 (according to your processor).