Jul 6, 2011 at 10:01 AM
Edited Jul 6, 2011 at 10:09 AM
I am collecting information from each state. Some states have all the info in 1 shapefiles & some in 2 sahpefiles & some in 1.
Then I allow the user to query this information & highligt a district. The highlighted district is then added to a database.
So it would be easier to combine all 3 layers into one, to do the query.
SharpMap - version 0.9 & ASP.NET
1. What is a LayerGroup? Can you elaborate on how to create one? Any sample code?
2. Is there a restriction on how many layers I can load?
3. Will there be a performance improvement if I load all my layers, but only enable those that are required?
4. Will performace improve if I can trim down the feature set to only those I need? i. e. trim the associated DBF file?
5. Any tool that I can use to trim shapefiles - cut down feature set?