GDal extensions project?

Topics: SharpMap v2.0
Aug 18, 2011 at 9:39 PM

This whole process is quite convoluded, at least to me...

I am trying to build GdalforSharpMap so I can load geotiff files. From what I can see the initialgdalintegration branch was merged into trunk during rev 918. Trunk does not have a project for GdalforSharpMap. So I dug into the branch, drilled down to extensions and checked that folder out.

The GdalforSharpMap project requires Sharpmap and SharpMap.Utilities references. The project file for GdalForSharpMap only has configurations for Net20. The Net20 project configuration in SharpMap_v2_vs2010.sln doesn't build. The Net40 configuration in SharpMap_v2_vs2010.sln does build. I cannot add 4.0 references(Sharpmap) to a project that only builds against 2.0(GdalforSharpMap ).

In short...

What is going on? It looks like there is so much content with SharpMap, that it is poorly organized. How am I supposed to build GdalforSharpMap when there isn't a compatible project in trunk?

What am I missing here?

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2011 at 6:41 AM

You have a GdalRasterLayer in the SharpMap.Extensions project in [Trunk] which works very well for displaying geotiff images among other formats.

layer = new SharpMap.Layers.GdalRasterLayer("GeoTiff", relativePath + "utm.tif");
map.Layers.Add(layer);
See the WinFormsSamples projekt and the GdalSample.cs

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2011 at 11:08 AM

For SharpMap v2 you need to use the whole InitialGdalIntegration branch. If you compile that solution, you have Gdal and Ogr functionality for SharpMap v2.

Hth FObermaier