GeoJSON and SharpMap

Topics: SharpMap Project
Developer
May 12, 2008 at 3:07 PM
I've seen that someone works on experimental GeoJSON support in sharpmap.
Just a note; this lib could be useful.
http://viswaug.wordpress.com/2008/05/11/geojsonnet-a-net-library-to-produce-geojson-output/
Coordinator
May 12, 2008 at 3:32 PM
Edited May 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM
Hi Diego, thanks for the link, I will look into it.. At the moment I am serializing Sharpmap geoms, for Sharpmap v2 I  will tailor it to GeoAPI v2 geoms - but perhaps GeoJSON.net will beat me to it :) cheers jd
Developer
May 12, 2008 at 4:06 PM
As you could read in the link, GeoJSON is based on NetTopologySuite, that is very close to SharpMap (as geometry model design): both are bases to OpenGIS Simple Features specifications for SQL, so i think that you need a little effort to port GeoJSON code to Sharpmap v1.
SharpMap v2 uses NTS v2 geoms, so maybe for GeoJSON v2 we could work in this lib and use the results in sharpmap.

May 12, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Hi all,

I will happy to add support to the SharpMap geometries in GeoJSON.NET if it is something that you would prefer. I have also been meaning to look into writing a SharpMap provider for OSGEO's FDO library.

Thank You,
Vish
http://www.Vishcio.us

D_Guidi wrote:
As you could read in the link, GeoJSON is based on NetTopologySuite, that is very close to SharpMap (as geometry model design): both are bases to OpenGIS Simple Features specifications for SQL, so i think that you need a little effort to port GeoJSON code to Sharpmap v1.
SharpMap v2 uses NTS v2 geoms, so maybe for GeoJSON v2 we could work in this lib and use the results in sharpmap.

Coordinator
May 12, 2008 at 4:32 PM
Hi Vish, it would be great if GeoJSON.Net was to support multiple input formats:
perhaps

NTS v1.7.x, Sharpmap v0.9/1/1.1

and in future add GeoAPI v2 which will cover sharpmap v2 and NTS v2

btw what draft spec does GeoJSON.net target?
cheers jd
May 12, 2008 at 5:54 PM
Hi jd,

GeoJSON.NET supports GeoJSON draft version 6.

I will need to take the input formats one at a time. Is there a specific order in which you want me to support those?

Thank You,
Vish

JohnDiss wrote:
Hi Vish, it would be great if GeoJSON.Net was to support multiple input formats:
perhaps

cheers jd

Coordinator
May 12, 2008 at 6:09 PM
Hi again Vish, sorry I wasn't clear - sharpmap 0.9/1/1.1 all use the same geometry types. As Diego said earlier they are similar to the NTS ones but not quite the same.

SharpMap 2/NTS 2/GeoAPI 2 are all being developed side by side but they're not quite ready yet - so support for these can wait.

[url:http://www.codeplex.com/SharpMap/SourceControl/FileView.aspx?itemId=456183&changeSetId=33164] may be useful as it contains the work i have done so far with the GeoJSOn rendering - again it is based on draft 6 but I havent got around to crs yet. cheers jd

viswaug wrote:
Hi jd,

GeoJSON.NET supports GeoJSON draft version 6.

I will need to take the input formats one at a time. Is there a specific order in which you want me to support those?

Thank You,
Vish

JohnDiss wrote:
perhaps

cheers jd