Kudos to Peter Robineau

Topics: Data Access, SharpMap Project, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Developer
May 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM
WFS client is really cool, well documented and works well with GeoServer :)
I hope that MapServer is supported too :)
Coordinator
May 21, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Hear, hear! Well done!
Developer
May 21, 2008 at 10:56 PM
With MapServer I need only small fixes in how to build a correct query string with parameters (something like "use & instead of ? for the first parameter in the url); I hope to do something that is generic for both MapServer and GeoServer.
BTW: WFS provider worls really well, and the code it's cool :D
Only a suggest: It's much more readable a code split in many tiny files (one for each class, as example) instead of a monolithic file with A LOT of lines of code and full of #region statements...
Developer
May 24, 2008 at 4:06 PM
When I was working with Peter on this, whilst doing the GML processing I had split the GML tokens in to indervidual class files to make it easier to maintain. Once I have finish the coarse I am doing to the moment, I will then produce the fully compliant GML processor into a generic unit so it can be used by multiple providers.
Coordinator
May 26, 2008 at 9:17 AM
@Cairn -

Thanks to you, too for the GML work. Your planned improvements will be quite welcome.
May 27, 2008 at 12:14 PM
thanks for feedback!
Have you tested the first version or the second? If it was the first:
I've already uploaded version 2 to patch section (many improvements, lots of examples) with seperated GML reading and full GML 3.2.1 classes (with .NET serializeation /deserialization). I'm now working on tiled rendering and WFS-T.
@Cairn: Maybe in july we could start tuning GML support for SharpMap 2.0...