Zoom to lat/long coordinates, Add POIs

Topics: Data Access, SharpMap Project, WinForms Controls
May 28, 2008 at 8:03 PM
Hello there,

I'm currently using SharpMap's WMS-C (tilecache) compatible layer which has been a great experience so far.
Now I want to zoom/center the map on specific coordinates I get from my gps reciever. The coordinates are in deg format (e.g. sth like 50,7693266666667 6,07838166666667) but I wasn't able to set map center to this coordinates. How can I create a fitting boundingbox. Is any conversion of my coordinates necessary ?.

My second goal is to place several POIs on a map (again a problem with my coordinates). Each of them will possibly need a different icon. Can SharpMap do that, so far I only found out how to set a specific Icon for a complete layer.

Greetings,

Sebastian
Dec 24, 2008 at 3:35 PM
Edited Dec 24, 2008 at 3:40 PM
Hi MauiMauer you speak about using Sharpmap WMS-C (tilecache) to tiling your map
Please you can present full Example about Tiling in Sharpmap ???

Thank you ... 
Coordinator
Dec 27, 2008 at 11:44 AM
Hi MauiMauer you may need to transform your gps coordinates if the spatial reference system of the base mapping is not an angular one. You would probably want to use proj.net to accomplish this.

You can style individual features using a CustomTheme which takes in a FeatureDataRow and returns a VectorStyle - you can use attributes in the data to customise the returned style hth jd