V2.0 2008 June 21 Drop

Topics: SharpMap v2.0
Jun 22, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Greetings all -

I've bundled up all the sources required for a reasonable trial of SharpMap v2.0 and put it on the Releases tab.

While the core code is starting to settle into a releasable state, the products around it, like documentation and demo projects, are not. If you are already familiar with SharpMap, however, and want to take a look at v2.0 without having to set up an SVN checkout directory structure, this is for you.

I'm hoping to get a bit more velocity in releases. Future releases will target stability, correctness, performance and ease of use.

As always, we are more than happy to have contributors - if you want to work on something, feel free to submit a patch. I'm also eyeing breaking down remaining tasks into more well-defined chunks so they can be targetted by a wider audience. Let me know of your interests, if any, as it can help in this breakdown process.
Jun 23, 2008 at 5:22 AM
Thanks for the update!

Are there any tutorial bits similar to v0.9's How-to section?
Jun 23, 2008 at 6:32 AM
Not yet... probably after a few more releases, or else if someone from the community tries out something and posts it, it would eventually form into such a How-To.