Go different page by click different polygon

Jun 28, 2008 at 6:31 AM
Edited Jun 28, 2008 at 6:35 AM

hello

This is neoo,I am a new user of sharpmap.I can draw line on shap file

Now I want to show  information of a polygon, when user click on a polygon on the web page.I am using sharpmap verson=0.9.

In details--- when a user click on a polygon then I want to show that polygon's information in a different page.

How can I do this ?

please help me or is this possible ? please notify me ?

thanks

Jul 6, 2008 at 5:19 AM
Is there any one who face this problem and solved this please help me ?

Jul 14, 2008 at 2:11 AM
hi neoo.
if you have the new page url, this page just show the specified polygon's information. you can use javascript function window.open().
if you hope to load different url according to the different polygon. i think you can store the url as attribute data. when click, get this url and then open it.
hope help :)
Jul 14, 2008 at 4:43 AM
hi cdgrain
Many many thanks ,for your reply.
I understood your suggestion.You are saying that I have to write the URL address of each polygon in shape file database(using mapinfo or arcgis) then when user click on a polygon ,I have to retrive the URL address from the shape file database and using javascript open that page.But problem is how can I understand which polygon is clicked.I am using Microsft Acess as database of polygon's information.I am not using MS SQL.Is it possible to detect which polygon is clicked only form shape file database and sharpmap v0.9 engine ?
Jul 14, 2008 at 9:31 AM
hi neoo.
can sharpmap v0.9 engine supports Microsoft Access data provider? i don't know.:(
why don't you use MS SQL as data provider? then you can edit the data freely.
when click on the map, do the MsSql.ExecuteIntersectionQuery() operation to get polygon feature. when the data back to client. retrieve the url field value and open it.
Jul 15, 2008 at 11:23 AM
hi cdgrain
Again many many thanks ,for your reply.
According to your suggestion first I have to convert my shape file to MS SQL database, am I right ?
2nd I have to generate the map from that database, Please correct me ?

Jul 17, 2008 at 6:33 AM
hi neoo.
yes, generate map first. then do click on map to get attribute data.
:0
Jul 20, 2008 at 7:51 AM
hi cdqrain
I am trying to do ,what u said
thanks