v2 DemoWinForm compile problem

Topics: SharpMap Project, SharpMap v2.0
Jul 6, 2008 at 6:43 PM
Hi, I downloaded v2 and SharpMap compiled with no errors, however the DemoWinForm project gave the following 2 errors:

Error    1    The type or namespace name 'VectorStyle' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\SharpMap\SharpMap_v2.0_2008-06-20_Drop\SharpMap\Demos\DesktopClient\RandomFeatureLayerFactory.cs    24    20    DemoWinForm
Error    2    The type or namespace name 'VectorStyle' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    D:\SharpMap\SharpMap_v2.0_2008-06-20_Drop\SharpMap\Demos\DesktopClient\RandomFeatureLayerFactory.cs    143    24    DemoWinForm

I have investigated and VectorStyle is not defined within the Styles folder in the SharpMap project. Can someone explain how to clear this problem.

Many thanks
Derek

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2008 at 7:55 PM
Hi Derek, demowinform is not part of the solution currently hth jd
Jan 2, 2015 at 1:10 PM
I believe this problem is valid to the basic tutorial available today too (https://sharpmap.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Tutorial%20-%20Example%202%3a%20Styling%20the%20layer%20with%20UniqueValueRenderer&referringTitle=SharpMap%20Tutorial). In Example 2, "VectorStyle" should be replaced by "SharpMap.Styles.VectorStyle" and "IStyle" by "SharpMap.Styles.IStyle". The correct code follow below:

SharpMap.Layers.VectorLayer vlay = new SharpMap.Layers.VectorLayer("States");
        vlay.DataSource = new SharpMap.Data.Providers.ShapeFile("D:\\teste\\states_ugl\\states_ugl.shp", true);

//Create the style for Land
        SharpMap.Styles.VectorStyle landStyle = new SharpMap.Styles.VectorStyle();
        landStyle.Fill = new SolidBrush(Color.FromArgb(232, 232, 232));

//Create the style for Water
        SharpMap.Styles.VectorStyle waterStyle = new SharpMap.Styles.VectorStyle();
        waterStyle.Fill = new SolidBrush(Color.FromArgb(198, 198, 255));

//Create the map
        Dictionary<string, SharpMap.Styles.IStyle> styles = new Dictionary<string, SharpMap.Styles.IStyle>();
        styles.Add("land", landStyle);
        styles.Add("water", waterStyle);

//Assign the theme
        vlay.Theme = new SharpMap.Rendering.Thematics.UniqueValuesTheme<string>("class", styles, landStyle);

mapBox1.Map.Layers.Add(vlay);
        mapBox1.Map.ZoomToExtents();
        mapBox1.Refresh();
        mapBox1.ActiveTool = SharpMap.Forms.MapBox.Tools.Pan;
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2015 at 7:41 AM
Thanks for pointing that out, I updated the tutorials.