MapViewControl

Topics: SharpMap v2.0, WinForms Controls
Jul 15, 2008 at 10:25 PM
Hi

I am trying to build an application from scratch using v2 source code. I am trying to add a MapViewControl to Panel2 of a splitContainer but cannot find a way of doing this automatically using MSDEV. There is no MapViewControl in the Toolbox so cannot drag onto the panel. My understanding is that you should not manually add code to the InitializeComponent function in the xxxxx.designer.cs file as this may be overwritten by MSDEV. Could someone explain the steps required to add a MapViewControl.

Thanks
dcb
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2008 at 10:19 AM
Hi dcb, on my vs i have a toolbox section named SharpMap.Presentation.WinForms, you may need to build the solution, close it and reopen for vs to catch up. Alternatively you can right click on the toolbox, select 'choose items', click the browse button and navigate to  SharpMap.Presentation.WinForms.dll, make sure that MapViewControl is checked and hit OK.. (I am not sure if this will track the latest compiled version though..) hth jd
Jul 16, 2008 at 11:03 AM
Thanks John, that worked :)

JohnDiss wrote:
Hi dcb, on my vs i have a toolbox section named SharpMap.Presentation.WinForms, you may need to build the solution, close it and reopen for vs to catch up. Alternatively you can right click on the toolbox, select 'choose items', click the browse button and navigate to  SharpMap.Presentation.WinForms.dll, make sure that MapViewControl is checked and hit OK.. (I am not sure if this will track the latest compiled version though..) hth jd