Huge Image Annotation

Topics: Algorithms, General Topics
Jul 24, 2008 at 1:40 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2008 at 2:13 PM
Dear SharpMap Team,

I am busy developing software for image annotation. This software should be able to operate with layers (about 12) of single layer bit map images (Tif-like). Depending which layer is used by the user the rest has to stay visible but become transparent. The problem is that those kind of multy layer images are about 8GB in size and fast navigation (shift, zoom in\out, tilt) over the image is of a paramount importance. As regards annotation shapes like: polygon, circle, point has to be supported.

My question basicaly is: - Does it make sence for me to study SharpMap further in order to achieve such a functionality?
Thank you very much for your answer!

This is about multyspectrum high and deep resolution scanns.
Jul 25, 2008 at 9:12 AM
Hi narapart, It sounds like the ogr provider should give you what you need, I haven't used it so I'm not sure about the performance with large multi layer images, you should be able to prototype something pretty quickly though.. hth jd 
Jul 25, 2008 at 3:11 PM
Hi John, In your code do you use Mip-Map (or similar) caching to load images or standart VS components.
Jul 27, 2008 at 11:09 AM
Hi again narapart, I tend to work with vectors and i dont really know what goes on under the covers or the GDAL/OGR libraries, other people here know much more.. What I can tell you is that the OGR provider is a wrapper for GDAL/OGR you may find more about the inner workings in the docs there. hth jd