Can't build or rebuild sharpmap

Topics: SharpMap Project, WinForms Controls
May 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM

i can't build sharpmap code in vs2010.

first i clean the solution then i rebuild the project but nothing happend.i choose winformsDemo as startup project. I stop 1 hour for rebild but project not build. and vs was not responding

can anyone help me?

May 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I just did a fresh checkout and tried to compile vs2010. The first attempt failed, but the second succeeded.

My guess: the SharpMap solution uses NuGet to fulfill additional dependencies. This might fail if you do not have internet access.

Please post build log so i can confirm or look for other reasons of failure.

Note: currently the  version in trunk is in a state that may not be very stable. If you prefer the old version, pick source from Tags/v0.9/2012-05-07

Hth FObermaier

May 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Thanks FObermaier.

I connect to internet. but VS go in not reponding state. and i forced to end vs proccess task

May 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Edited May 8, 2012 at 6:52 AM

If you look at the build output, there should be a line containing nuget.exe, e.g.

"D:\Development\Codeplex\_SharpMap\SMTrunk2\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "D:\Development\Codeplex\_SharpMap\SMTrunk2\SharpMap\packages.config" -o "D:\Development\Codeplex\_SharpMap\SMTrunk2\Packages"

Please copy that line and run it in a command box, to see if it is the reason why the build process stalls.

If so, you need to run the whole process on a machine with no internet restrictions (aka firewall) and copy the packages folder to the solution directory.

EDIT: You may have to adujst your proxy settings, at least that helped dguidi

hth FObermaier