Building SharpMapV2

Topics: SharpMap v2.0
Developer
Oct 7, 2008 at 2:46 PM
Edited Oct 7, 2008 at 2:51 PM
Just did a fresh chechout and build of SharpMapV2. Building has become a lot easier since the last time I tried now that svn:externals was set. 

There were just a few changes I had to make (Thanks to John Diss for helping out)

• Replace the ManagedBufferedCoordinate2D project with the ManagedBufferedCoordinate which is in the NTS directory
  • Add the ManagedBufferedCoordinate project as a referece to the NetTopologySuite.TestRunner project
  • Add the ManagedBufferedCoordinate project as a referece to the GeoApi.Tests project
  • In WktGeometryTests rename BufferedCoordinate2D to BufferedCoordinate and  BufferedCoordinate2DFactory to  BufferedCoordinateFactory
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2008 at 5:31 AM
Hey Paul,

I think I fixed these issues as of just now... if you check it out, could you confirm?
Developer
Oct 8, 2008 at 8:50 AM
Edited Oct 8, 2008 at 8:52 AM
With the Debug_Net20 and Release_Net20 configurations it is now building with a fresh checkout, great

With _Net35 I have a weird error, it cannot find an overload which I can see is actually present. I will take a closer look.

Paul
Oct 14, 2008 at 7:54 AM
I tried to use C# Express Edition 2008 and SharpDevelop 3.0 beta 2. I don't have access to full VS 2005/2008.

With neither I can't get compilation done. (Fresh checkout from whole tree with all externals). After fixing manually some paths in solution file I can get projects open and some parts seems to even compile but not all.

It seems that wiki page containing compile v2 is a bit outdated.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.
Developer
Oct 14, 2008 at 8:17 AM

John Diss told me yesterday that the current version does not build anymore. You could try a checkout from the data that I posted the message on the forum.

The wikipage is indeed outdated. I had to do no extra work for a compile.

You need to start merge.sln, the others solutions dont work.

merge.sln wont compile with the Express edition because there are web project in the solution. But if you remove these I think it should. Never tested it though.

Paul.

jtiai schreef:

I tried to use C# Express Edition 2008 and SharpDevelop 3.0 beta 2. I don't have access to full VS 2005/2008.

With neither I can't get compilation done. (Fresh checkout from whole tree with all externals). After fixing manually some paths in solution file I can get projects open and some parts seems to even compile but not all.

It seems that wiki page containing compile v2 is a bit outdated.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SharpMap@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SharpMap@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2008 at 9:43 AM
V2 should build again cheers jd
Oct 14, 2008 at 12:09 PM
Seems to build, though I got sample app to crash in my shapefile.. :)

Is there any pointers how to help to fix things?
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2008 at 2:09 PM
hi jtiai, I have made a few changes to the shapefile reader, get latest and let me know how it goes. cheers jd
Oct 15, 2008 at 5:20 AM
JohnDiss kirjoitti:
>
>
> From: JohnDiss
>
> hi jtiai, I have made a few changes to the shapefile reader, get latest
> and let me know how it goes. cheers jd

Well I meant generic pointers, what is missing and what is not, what
could use some improvement and such.

I've been working with GIS systems (first Microstation based, Mapserver
and Java stuff lately) since mid 90's and this project seems very
promising for both, my personal interest and to corporate I work for.

Specially I'm interested in WFS-T and Oracle Spatial based solutions and
very latest that I've been trying to figure out is topological editing.

Oh and that shapefile readed in well, anything apparently that mapviewer
sample doesn't have much implementation yet.. :)

--
Jani Tiainen
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2008 at 9:43 AM
Hi Jani, there are a few holes remaining in v2, but they are reducing in size and quantity, one of the biggies for some, may be lack of raster support, there is a bit of plumbing but no implementation yet. The styling is likely to change to become more aligned with the OGC SLD spec. There isn't a WFS-T client or server implemented currently but they should be straightforward. Also there is no Oracle Spatial provider yet, but there is a DbProvider base and implementations for SqlLite, PostGis, MsSqlSpatial and SqlServer 2008 which should make implementing one fairly easy. As to the mapviewer sample... that represents a wet sunday afternoon ;) It may get more implementation eventually, but I'm concentrating more on core code (and my actual job!) cheers jd
Oct 27, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Is there any way of getting this project to open & build using VS2005? I don't have access to 2008 at work :-(

I started to try & create a Merge_2005, but the csproj's won't import either.

Any thoughts?

Ben
Oct 27, 2008 at 10:18 AM
Is there any way of getting this project to open & build using VS2005? I don't have access to 2008 at work :-(

I started to try & create a Merge_2005, but the csproj's won't open either.

Any thoughts?

Ben
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2008 at 1:38 AM
Hey Ben,

It's possible that the csproj files got hammered by VS2008. There is a way to get the files to work well in both 2005 and 2008. Could you give me the exact error? I don't have VS 2005.
Nov 3, 2008 at 10:32 PM
I'm uses VS2008 and just pulled the truck (@ 11/3/08 4PM MST) from SVN and I'm getting the following compile errors:

Error    1723    'SharpMap.Indexing.QuadTree.QuadTree<TItem>' does not implement interface member 'GeoAPI.Indexing.ISpatialIndex<GeoAPI.Geometries.IExtents,TItem>.Remove(TItem)'    C:\dev\OpenSourceProjects\SharpMapV2\SharpMap\SharpMap\Indexing\QuadTree\QuadTree.cs    25    18    SharpMap

Error    1724    'SharpMap.Indexing.RTree.RTree<TItem>' does not implement interface member 'GeoAPI.Indexing.ISpatialIndex<GeoAPI.Geometries.IExtents,TItem>.Remove(TItem)'    C:\dev\OpenSourceProjects\SharpMapV2\SharpMap\SharpMap\Indexing\RTree\RTree.cs    30    27    SharpMap

I've tried both the Debug_Net35 and Debug_Net20 both did not compile. I would like to try out the SharpMap v2 but I've been unable to get it compiled. Hey help would be great.

Thanks,
Bryan

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2008 at 9:17 AM
Edited Nov 4, 2008 at 9:17 AM
Hi Bryan, I have added a temporary implementation for the missing methods, get latest and try again.. it should build.. hth jd
Nov 11, 2008 at 5:00 PM
I'm trying to build v2 with .Net 3.5. (Building with .Net 2.0 works.) GeoAPI.Net builds fine, but then building SharpMap generates a  few errors that all stem from System.Linq.Enumerable.
The files are Collection Expression.cs and FeatureDataView.cs

Sample Errors:

Error 428 The type arguments for method 'System.Linq.Enumerable.All<TSource>(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<TSource>, System.Func<TSource,bool>)' cannot be inferred from the usage. Try specifying the type arguments explicitly. C:\dev\SharpMap2\SharpMap\Expressions\CollectionExpression.cs 47 20 SharpMap

Error 1108 The type arguments for method 'System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault<TSource>(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<TSource>)' cannot be inferred from the usage. Try specifying the type arguments explicitly. C:\dev\SharpMap2\SharpMap\Data\FeatureDataView.cs 642 17 SharpMap

Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2008 at 9:58 AM
Edited Nov 14, 2008 at 12:51 PM
Hi augie, we are aware of this issue, as a workaround you can use .net 2.0 binaries in a .net 3.5 project hth jd

UPDATE: this issue is fixed