Creating Map Images from TIFF

Topics: General Topics, SharpMap v2.0
Oct 29, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to get my head round this whole system, I'm hoping someone here can help!
What I have are sets of Ordnance Survey TIF files, with their accompanying TFW files. What I'd like to be able to do is generate images for specified sections of them (ie for a specific bound or zoom level) & these would be rendered on a web page.
I don't need any fancy scrolling or any slippy maps, I just need static map images.

As an extension to this basic request, I also have some boundary files in Mapinfo Mif/Mid files & what I'd like to do is overlay these boundaries ontop of my Ordnance Survey backgrounds.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Ideally I'd like to use v2 straight away, rather than learning 0.9 then having to relearn v2.

Your help and time is much appreciated.

Ben
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2008 at 3:24 AM
Hey Ben,

We're actually a bit underdeveloped in this exact area for v2.0 - I know since I'm needing to do something similar right now.

My current approach is to try and use the WMS renderer on the web side of things. I'll let you know what I come up with. Longer term, I expect a bit of refactor in the way that SharpMap handles the two rendering cases - pure map/image display and interactive display, so that this use case is more solidly supported.