unable to compile a fresh checkout

Topics: General Topics, SharpMap Project
Sep 22, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Edited Sep 22, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Hello,

I have Windows 7 (64-bit) and am running Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. I did a FULL checkout of SharpMap from the following link using TortoiseSVN,

https://SharpMap.svn.codeplex.com/svn

I went into the "Trunk" directory and tried to open the file "SharpMap.sln" by double-clicking it. VS2010 opens and I get these errors,

The project 'SharpMap' is under source control. An error occurred registering this project with source control. It is recommended that you do not make any changes to this project.

Similar messages come for 'SharpMap.UI' , 'UnitTests' , 'SharpMap.Extensions' , 'DemoWinForm' , 'WinFormSamples' ... etc. (Too many to list)

In the Solution Explorer all the project have "(unavailable)" listed next to their names. Attempting to build the solution results in an error message that tells me to select a project (or similar error message).

Should I spend more time attempting to get the SVN checkout working, or shall I just try downloading the trunk release instead? I'm doing my master's thesis on OSS project management and am more interested in understanding how SharpMap is organized and maintained rather than using it in a project.

-chronodekar

EDIT: I have setup VS2010 for Mercurial version control. I suspect it might be the cause.

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Currently the solution is configured for the use of TeamFoundationServer client. You can safely remove these bindings permanently and then set your SCC to Ankh or VisualSVN.

You should be able to compile the solution, though?

Hth Fobermaier.

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Sorry for the late reply. I decided to skip the direct SVN checkout and downloaded the zip release from codeplex instead.

I went to Tools>Options > Source Control and changed it to TeamFoundationServer. Closed VS2010 and re-opened the project. This time a pop-up dialog appeared that said, "One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly. Please see the Output Window for details."

Here is the message from my output window,

C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Examples\SharpMap.Demo.Wms\SharpMap.Demo.Wms.csproj : error  : The project file 'C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Examples\SharpMap.Demo.Wms\SharpMap.Demo.Wms.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

Any clue what this is about? I'm fairly certain that I did a full install of VS2010 Ultimate.

I tried to "build" the solution but I get a whole bunch of errors instead. Here is the output,

------ Build started: Project: SharpMap, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
  "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
EXEC : warning : Unable to connect to the remote server
  Unable to find version '0.6.4' of package 'BruTile'.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: The command "
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073:       echo "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073:       "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073:     " exited with code 1.
------ Build started: Project: SharpMap.Extensions, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
  "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
  Unable to find version '2.0.0' of package 'Common.Logging'.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: The command "echo "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"" exited with code 1.
------ Build started: Project: SharpMap.SqlServerSpatialObjects, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
  Unable to find version '1.2' of package 'DotSpatial.Projections'.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.SqlServerSpatialObjects\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"" exited with code 1.
------ Build started: Project: SharpMap.Serialization, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\bin\Debug\SharpMap.Extensions.dll' could not be found
error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap\bin\Debug\SharpMap.dll' could not be found

Compile complete -- 2 errors, 0 warnings
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "BruTile, Version=0.6.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=00e75fd79e391f40, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Common.Logging". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "GeoAPI". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
------ Build started: Project: SharpMap.UI, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap\bin\Debug\SharpMap.dll' could not be found

Compile complete -- 1 errors, 0 warnings
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Common.Logging, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af08829b84f0328e, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "GeoAPI". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "NetTopologySuite". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "PowerCollections". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
------ Build started: Project: ExampleCodeSnippets, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Examples\ExampleCodeSnippets\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"" exited with code 1.
------ Build started: Project: WinFormSamples, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
  "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Examples\WinFormSamples\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: The command "
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: echo "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Examples\WinFormSamples\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Examples\WinFormSamples\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"" exited with code 1.
------ Build started: Project: DemoWinForm, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.UI\bin\Debug\SharpMap.UI.dll' could not be found

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "NetTopologySuite". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "PowerCollections". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
------ Build started: Project: UnitTests, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\UnitTests\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"" exited with code 1.
------ Skipped Build: Project: C:\...\DemoWebSite\, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 9 failed, 1 skipped ==========

A bit of searching around tells me that Nuget is another software package. Should I install it?

-chronodekar

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

You need to have ASP.Net MVC3 installed, to use this project.

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:11 AM

I installed the ASP.Net MVC3 as you suggested. I deleted my old source code and extracted a fresh copy from the zip I downloaded from here. I just open up the project (it asks about VCC and I tell it to remove all bindings). I go to build > Build Solution (F6) and I get the following errors in my output window,

------ Build started: Project: SharpMap, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
  "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073:       echo "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073:       "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073:     " exited with code 1.
------ Build started: Project: SharpMap.Extensions, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
  "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
  Unable to find version '2.0.0' of package 'Common.Logging'.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: The command "echo "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"" exited with code 1.
------ Build started: Project: SharpMap.SqlServerSpatialObjects, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.SqlServerSpatialObjects\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"" exited with code 1.
------ Build started: Project: SharpMap.Serialization, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.Extensions\bin\Debug\SharpMap.Extensions.dll' could not be found

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "BruTile, Version=0.6.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=00e75fd79e391f40, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Common.Logging". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
------ Build started: Project: SharpMap.UI, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Common.Logging, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af08829b84f0328e, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
------ Build started: Project: SharpMap.Demo.Wms, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(847,9): warning MSB3644: The reference assemblies for framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0.3" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "GeoAPI, Version=1.6.4448.22541, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1a0da7def465678, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "NetTopologySuite, Version=1.12.4448.22555, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f580a05016ebada1, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Newtonsoft.Json, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "PowerCollections, Version=1.0.4448.22540, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2573bf8a1bdddcd5, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "ProjNET". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
------ Build started: Project: ExampleCodeSnippets, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Examples\ExampleCodeSnippets\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"" exited with code 1.
------ Build started: Project: WinFormSamples, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
  "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Examples\WinFormSamples\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: echo "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Examples\WinFormSamples\packages.config -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Examples\WinFormSamples\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"" exited with code 1.
------ Build started: Project: DemoWinForm, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\SharpMap.UI\bin\Debug\SharpMap.UI.dll' could not be found

------ Build started: Project: UnitTests, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(902,9): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\BuildTools\nuget.exe" install "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\UnitTests\packages.config" -o "C:\Users\AbrahamV\Documents\Manipal\source code\sharpmap-99715\Trunk\Packages"" exited with code 1.
------ Skipped Build: Project: C:\...\DemoWebSite\, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 10 failed, 1 skipped ==========

Any idea what all that "unable to  connect to remote server" messages are about? Do I need a TeamCity account to be able to build this project? (a worrisome proposition... :( )

-chronodekar

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I just noticed that, too. The issue is with the nuget version we used to use.

If you open up a console, cd to the BuildTools folder and run

nuget update -self

the next build will run. Promise.

Hth FObermaier

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:08 AM

A bit of digging around, I discover that nuget is a package manager. This led me to suspect that my university proxy was hampering with something. So I set up my own private internet connection from my system and wonder of wonders, it compiles ! :) There are plenty of warnings, but I got the following in my output window,

========== Rebuild All: 10 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 skipped ==========

@fobermaier,

It looks like proxies are an issue with nuget (I  didn't need to update it). I'm going to play around with the code now. I hope the "skipped" project is expected?

-chronodekar