Problem with MapBox switching ActiveTool from QueryGeometry to None

Topics: SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, WinForms Controls
Dec 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hello,

This is what I found out not to work well (in 0.9.4507.23599):
I have a form with (among others) a MapBox and a ToolStrip. On that ToolStrip are some buttons, and they do switching the MapBox's ActiveTool.

For example:

private void selectToolStripButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
mapBox.ActiveTool = SharpMap.Forms.MapBox.Tools.None; }

private
 void zoomWindowToolStripButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {     mapBox.ActiveTool = SharpMap.Forms.MapBox.Tools.ZoomWindow; }

private
 void infoToolStripButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {     mapBox.ActiveTool = SharpMap.Forms.MapBox.Tools.QueryGeometry; }

When the ActiveTool is QueryGeometry (and maybe also Query and QueryBox, but I don't use them), I can't switch back to None, I must press the selectToolStripButton twice. There is no problem with the other ActiveTool's.....

Any clue? Must I execute mapBox.ActiveTool = SharpMap.Forms.MapBox.Tools.None twice in selectToolStripButton_Click with a delay inbetween?

Have a nice day,

Pieter

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Hi, do you have the property of mapbox "setToolsNoneWhileDrawing" set to true or false?

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Hello petlof,

Thanks for your quick answer. "SetToolsNoneWhileDrawing" is set to true. When I set it to false, it works as it should. But it has another drawback: mapBox_MapRefreshed is never called anymore, even when I call mapBox.Refresh(). Alas, I need it...

In my original post I said that I had to click twice on the selectToolStripButton. Well, it was once on the panToolStripButton (switch to Pan), then on the selectToolStripButton (switch to None).

Pieter

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.