I have problem with Version of SharpMap.dll

Topics: General Topics, SharpMap Project, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, WinForms Controls
Nov 24, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Edited Nov 24, 2008 at 3:26 PM
I have a big problem. I have Vista on my computer and I do programming in VB.Net. When I add the latest version of SharpMap.dll (0.9.2423.31552 or  0.9.2650.262) and I run my desktop application I receive this error (Could not load type 'SharpMap.Map' from assembly 'SharpMap, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'). But with this version (0.9.2306.41389) I don't have problem and it works perfect except there in no (MultipartGeometryBehaviour) to remove multiple labels then I end up with repeated labels on my map. Could you please tell me what to do ?

Thanks a lot
Nov 24, 2008 at 7:59 PM
hi nemesis52 maybe this will help: http://blogs.msdn.com/ianhu/archive/2006/07/12/663834.aspx or google 'assembly binding error'
Nov 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM
Dear johndiss,
Thanks for your reply but I didn't find any practical advice about that. The fact that just one version of SharpMap.dll works made me suspicious to a possible conflict in compiling or debugging procedure. Anyway, I think I am obliged to work with version (0.9.2306.41389) then can you help me to solve my problem with repeating labels on my map ?

Thank you
Nov 24, 2008 at 9:00 PM
Are you building sharpmap or using the release version. My advice would be to build from the trunk. To track versioning issues you can edit the assembly version number- once this is sorted you wont lose the multipartgeometry behaviour hth jd
Nov 24, 2008 at 9:52 PM
Dear johndiss,
I did your advice, downloaded source codes and build my own SharpMap.dll but still I receive the same error message. I checked again and I realized that for all those dlls which don't work, in "Reference Properties" window, the "Strong Name" is set to "False" where the release that worked for me is set to "True". I don't know if it can cause this problem. Can you tell me what it is and how I can set it "True" and build my .dll ?

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:11 PM
Dear johndiss,
Thanks again for your guidance. I found out that the "Strong Name" was the source of my problem , I set it to a .snk file in the source project and rebuild my solution. Now it works perfectly.

Thanks again and good luck
Nov 24, 2008 at 11:20 PM
glad it helped... and happy sharpmapping jd