v2.0

Topics: SharpMap v2.0
Dec 15, 2008 at 5:38 PM
Hello all,

I have a few questions that I was hoping to get answered.

1) When will v2 be "released"?
2) I have been looking for the demo project 'FeatureExporter' that was mentioned in another post, but can't seem to find it.  Could someone point me to exactly where it is?  I have searched all over the web and all the source from svn.

I think that is it for now. 

Thanks in advance,
Lee
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2008 at 5:45 PM
Hi Lee, v2 will be released "when it's ready" ;) lots of progress is being made but there is still work to do.
FeatureExporter is in the v2 source tree at google code http://sharpmapv2.googlecode.com (http://code.google.com/p/sharpmapv2/source/browse/#svn/trunk/Demos/SharpMap.Demo.FeatureExporter)
hth jd
Dec 16, 2008 at 6:44 PM
jd,

Thanks for the reply.  v2 seems to be VERY close to having all the functionality that I am looking for.  Except for when I call ShapeFileProvider.Insert(). 

1) It appears that ShapeFileProvider.ComputeGeometryLengthInWords() does not account for multipolygons at this time.  Is anyone was working on this?  If not, I will take a crack at it, just didn't want to duplicate effort.
2)Another issue related to this call is that I can create FeatureDataTable without adding <uint> for the oid.  However, the ShapeFileProvider.Insert() will only accept FeatureDataRow<uint> (or a collection of them).  The problem here is that the FeatureDataTable.NewRow() doesn't cast to FeatureDataRow<uint> so there is no way to add this type of row to the shape file.  So based on this, you have to create your FeatureDataTable<uint> which adds a new integer column to the table and throws all my other columns off by column.

Any help on either of these "issues" would be appreciated.  I know this is not released yet and I am not trying to bother you with a ton of questions about unreleased product, but it is so close that I hate to try to find another solution when this one is right in front of my face screaming.

tia, lee
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2008 at 10:44 AM
Hi Lee,
1) ComputeGeometryLengthInWords now computes IMultiPolygon - thanks for the catch
2) (FeatureDataRow<uint>)featureDataTable.NewRow() will give you what you need (assuming that featureDataTable is really FeatureDataTable<uint>)
cheers jd
Dec 17, 2008 at 4:39 PM
jd,

Actually I was trying to create a FeatureDataTable object.  I already have an id column on my table and I don't really need to have an OID field added.  So what I would really like to do is to not create a FeatureDataTable<uint>, but instead create a FeatureDataTable and designate which column is the id column.  In which case, I can't call the ShapeFileProvider.Insert() because it only accepts FeatureDataTable<uint> type rows.

I hope that all makes sense.

tia, lee
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Got it.. I am working through some related issues at the moment so may have an answer soonish.. cheers jd