SharpMap as WMS server.

Topics: General Topics, SharpMap Project
Feb 25, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Hello.
I'm brand new at using maps. But i have heard that it's possible to use SharpMap as an WMS server. But i have not found an place where it descriptes how to do it. Are there anybody that can help me.
Developer
Feb 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Edited Feb 25, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Try the first Google Result SharpGIS | SharpMap as a WMS server

Just in case it is not clear InitializeMap() function in the blog is where the Map is initialised ie. the layers, themes etc are set. there are plenty of examples showing how to set layer, theme, projection etc.

there is a more complete example Here
Feb 25, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Maybe i have misunderstood. What i need is to use SharpMap as an standalone WMS Server that i can use on an project which is going to run locally and without internet access. Does examples i have found is SharpMap used to display maps??
Feb 25, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Maybe i have misunderstood. What i need is to use SharpMap as an standalone WMS Server that i can use on an project which is going to run locally and without internet access. Does examples i have found is SharpMap used to display maps??
Feb 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Feb 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Feb 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Sorry my Browser just went crazy.
Developer
Feb 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Download the code and try the Examples/SharpMap.Demo.Wms project, that is exactly what you need.