Tiles in shape file

Topics: SharpMap Project, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, SharpMap v2.0
Mar 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM
HI,
I have huge shape file,which will take some time to load,zoom and pan.
So, I want to use Tiles concept.But , I don't know,where to start. Can any one help me.

Iam using in Compact Framework, C#.

Thanks & Regards,
Phanikiran.
Developer
Mar 29, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Hi,
  • Check generate tiles in winform sample of sharpmap.
TrieuVy
Apr 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Edited Apr 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM
HI trieuvy,
I have done with, Creating tiles. Now , how to combine them and display as map...
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM
What you need to do is come up with some TileSchema for your FileTileProvider.

If I look at the Creating Tiles sample in the WinFormSamples project I gather that it usually tries to transform the map's layers to WebMercator. All information you need to know is described on this internet page.

Your shapefile might not cover all of the world. In that case you will have to adujst the extent to some multiple of the world width of a tile. You get that value from the lowest zoom level you did create. Remove all resolutions you do not need.

Hth FObermaier
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Developer
Apr 10, 2013 at 5:21 AM
phani564 wrote:
HI trieuvy,
I have done with, Creating tiles. Now , how to combine them and display as map...
You can also use TileLayer of sharpmap
Apr 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM
FObermaier wrote:
What you need to do is come up with some TileSchema for your FileTileProvider.

If I look at the Creating Tiles sample in the WinFormSamples project I gather that it usually tries to transform the map's layers to WebMercator. All information you need to know is described on this internet page.

Your shapefile might not cover all of the world. In that case you will have to adujst the extent to some multiple of the world width of a tile. You get that value from the lowest zoom level you did create. Remove all resolutions you do not need.

Hth FObermaier
Hi Fobermaier,

Iam new to tiles concept. So, can you explain in detail. I didn't get what is tile schema.
Based on code in sharpmap for tiles, I created tiles. But I didnt get any other info like bounds of that tiles e.t.c.,

Please explain me step by step. How to create using sharpmap code(Which part I have to use). how to load to display on map.

Please spend some time and explain me about Tiles concept.
Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM
What is it you don't understand. Be more specific (to get answers).
Apr 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM
What is TileSchema?

and I want to load tiles from disk(If tiles are created and which are on disk). But you had given details w.r.t Bing map

I can Display shape file as map.
But I want to convert that to tiles and load that map.

Please Explain me with examples , How to convert a particular shape file to tiles and load them