Features missing

Topics: General Topics, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, Web Controls
Jan 14, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2009 at 1:18 PM
I have downloaded 0.9 release and its working fine when used in asp.net 2.0 application. I am able to view my shape files on web page. There is problem with one of my shape file of line type. Some features of this shape file do not render. I am able to view complete shape file on ESRI's ArcMap but unable to view on the web page. Any tip to check and solve this problem.
Coordinator
Jan 14, 2009 at 1:47 PM
Hi SherazMustafa
Is there anything unusual about the missing lines? For instance self intersection.
Were there any exceptions raised? In the Debug Menu in vs select 'Exceptions' and check the option for 'Common Language Runtime Exceptions' and try debugging again.. hth jd
Jan 15, 2009 at 5:19 AM
johndiss
Web application shows shape file without exception however without certain line featues. Not sure about self intersection. How I can check this?
I have done another thing. I extract section which is missing on web application, with the help of another product, save as separate shape file. Now web application shows new shape file with out any problem.

Regards
Sheraz 
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2009 at 9:54 AM
It sounds like there may have been errors in the original shapefile, and the other package you used was more forgiving and fixed them on the export. The reason I was asking about self intersection (meaning lines that cross themselves) is that self intersecting lines are not valid. Anyway glad you sorted it cheers jd