S-57 map not rendering!!

May 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I am using following lines of code for loading and rendering S-57 data; the code is compiling fine, application is running good as well but when i press on button it is not displaying s-57 map!!

my app.config is well configured and also i have added path to fwtools.
 private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            SharpMap.Map mymap = new SharpMap.Map(new Size(1024, 768));
            SharpMap.Layers.VectorLayer vLayer = new SharpMap.Layers.VectorLayer("0");

vLayer.DataSource = new SharpMap.Data.Providers.Ogr("US1AK90M.000", 0); //and Ogr(@"US1AK90M.000", "AIRARE");

catch (Exception error)
                MessageBox.Show("Damn Failed loading datafile: " + error.Message, "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation);

this.pictureBox1.Image = mymap.GetMap();
can anybody please suggest whats wrong with the code??

May 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM
if you are using a recent version of SharpMap, you need to follow these instructions.

Hth FObermaier
May 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Tried following the instructions as advised by you; i am not able to locate Gdal.Native Nuget package!!

If i try to install Nuget.exe externally, it throws error saying it is unable to find some version of 'System.Data.SQLite.MSIL' , 'NetTopologySuite', 'GeoAPI', 'Common.Logging'!!!

I think it will be great if you could find some time to develop an example application for demonstrating S-57 maps exclusively.
This could be helpful to a lot many people, also SharpMap is the only Open Source product which describes such quality in C#!!

This could in-turn be helpful in growing the user base as well.

Your advice on the above post is awaited

May 14, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Have a look at the winformsamples project, there is a samle using a s-57 dataset.
To be able to use NuGet, you need an internet connection.

Hth FObermaier