Compiling Source in VS2012

Topics: SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Aug 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I have downloaded the V1 source using HTTP and svn and I keep running into the following issues:
1 ) alglibnet.dll is missing from the External References folder
2 ) SharpMap\SharpMap.Tests\Features\Poco\PoIFeature.cs keeps failing with the error message "'SharpMap.Features.EntityOidGenerator<long>' does not contain a definition for 'UnassignedOid' and no extension method 'UnassignedOid' accepting a first argument of type 'SharpMap.Features.EntityOidGenerator<long>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
3 ) SharpMap.Tests\Features\FeatureTest.cs keeps failing with the error message "'SharpMap.Features.FeatureFactory<TEntity>' does not contain a definition for 'UnassignedOid' and no extension method 'UnassignedOid' accepting a first argument of type 'SharpMap.Features.FeatureFactory<TEntity>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

My current "solution" is to
1 ) Copy the dll into the folder manually (downloaded from http://www.alglib.net/translator/re/alglib-3.8.0.csharp.zip)
2 ) Comment out the specific line that is causing the error
3 ) Comment out the specific line that is causing the error

On other notes, I am using VS2012, so when I open the project it complains that SharpMap.Demo.Wms is targeting framework 4.0.3 and I do not have this installed. I chose the "upgrade to 4.5" option.

Is this an acceptable solution or is there something else that I am missing?

Thank you.
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM
The v1 source is in Branches/1.0
My current "solution" is to
1 ) Copy the dll into the folder manually (downloaded from http://www.alglib.net/translator/re/alglib-3.8.0.csharp.zip)
fine, This is an example project, if you don't care for the alglib example, just remove the dependency and code file
2 ) Comment out the specific line that is causing the error
3 ) Comment out the specific line that is causing the error
The version in Trunk is work in progress.

Hth FObermaier
Aug 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Thanks FObermaier.

I will get the proper builds now.