"Attribute data is not supported by the Geometry Provider" when executing an Intersection Query

Topics: Data Access, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Mar 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Here's the details:

I am attempting to perform a polygon query on non-spatial SqlServer database.  I am getting the error mentioned in the discussion title when firing the ExecuteIntersectionQuery method of Sharpmap.GeometryDataProvider object.  I won't get into the details of how I'm trying to run the polygon query - that will most likely be the next discussion I start :)

Here's the basic flow:

-Select a base dataset from the sqlserver based on non-spatial criteria
-Build a GeometryDataProvider comprised of a Sharpmap.Geometries.Point List created in the above step
-Create a BoundingBox based on polygon points scraped from the map
-Execute an Intersection Query with the BoundingBox and the Provider listed above.  This is where the error occurs.

I have tried to use the source code instead of the binaries - both from the "Releases\v 0.9" tab and the tip version (I believe) from the "Source Code" tab and I do not see the GeometryFeatureProvider (assuming this will fix the issue I have).

I am obviously downloading the wrong source, but is there a fault in my logic above that might be causing my problem?  Where should I look for the correct source?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.