Replace FileCache with IFileCache

Developer
Jul 1, 2014 at 9:00 AM
The current implementation of BruTile FileCache has a bug that prevents the save of tiles when the filename contains invalid characters, this bug has been fixed with changeset https://brutile.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/d9581c65201b anyway as today you have to download the BruTile source, recompile it and update the dependency because the TileLayer accepts a concrete class to support caching.

I think it's better to remove this association by replacing the FileCache association with an interface like this:
interface IFileCache: ITileCache<byte[]>
{
   bool Exists(BruTile.TileIndex);
}
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I think it is even better to use
BruTile.Cache.IPersistantCache<byte[]>
This interface might have been introduced with a later version of brutile, but I think we should update BruTile to some current version as it offers WMTS support.
If we not already have done that.
Developer
Jul 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Ok for IPersistentCache.

I'm testing WMTS support right now, it seems to work but I've tested just a couple of examples. What I feel it is missing is a way to access the Capabilities exposed from the server because I have to show the layers names and ITileSource.Title reports the identifier of the layers, this is not very friendly to users.

I sorted out by using this code:
private Tuple<LayerType, ITileSource>[] ParseCapabilities(Stream source)
{
      var ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Capabilities));

using (var ms = new MemoryStream())
      {
         source.CopyTo(ms);

ms.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);

using (var reader = new StreamReader(ms))
         {
             var capabilties = (Capabilities)ser.Deserialize(reader);

ms.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);
             var sourcetiles = WmtsParser.Parse(ms);

return (
                        from sourceTile in sourcetiles
                        join layer in capabilties.Contents.Layers on sourceTile.Title equals layer.Identifier.Value
                        select new Tuple<LayerType, ITileSource>(layer, sourceTile))
                        .ToArray();
         }
      }
}