how to start with SharpMap

Topics: Algorithms, General Topics, SharpMap Project, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, SharpMap v2.0, WinForms Controls
Jul 26, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Hello, i am civil engineer trying to learn about GIS and C# togather. I am begginer in both fields.
I have selected SharpMap after alot of brainstorming and searching . . .
now i have some questions as a beginner. .

1) I want to load a georeferenced image(.tiff) in to my application, is it possible ?? i want to know which function should i use??
2) after loading a georeferenced Image, i want to draw a line or polygon. and find the length and area respectively thorugh those coordinates the tiff file is carrying , is there any specific function for it or i have to use distance formula??
3) and last what i want to achieve is save the whole working as a project just like in other softwars like AutoCAD or photoshop so that i can readjust my lines and polygons in future?? can u guide me towards the right path?

i know i have asked alot. .but i need these answers. i am desperate to learn these things through Sharp Map. . using C# as a lanuguage and Visual studio 2012. . I dont need the code, i just need direction. I want to learn myself
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2014 at 12:18 PM
You can do most of that with the builtin features.

Please examine the WinFormSamples project that shows you
  • how to load/add a raster (tiff) layer using GDAL
  • How you can use the digitize geometry feature of the MapBox control.
You can find that project in the repository.

You have to come up with a custom solution to serialize your maps content, especially the geometries.