SharpMap on .NET3.5

Topics: SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:21 AM
I am trying to combine the use of SharpMap 1.1 with Unity3D (to render GeoTiffs, shapefiles, etc) into maps displayed in Unity3D terrain. SharpMap of course is .NET4 and Unity3D is (sort of) .NET3.5.

What use of .NET4 is made by SharpMap? Are there big show-stoppers here, such as other libraries that are linked in which I won't be able to back-port? Or major use of concurrency classes? Has anyone attempted this?

Tim
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Most sharpmap projects compile just fine if you change to target framework 3.5, you also need to change the reference to NetTopologySuite
Aug 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM
I wonder if we are at cross-purposes - my solution in VS normally would install SharpMap from NuGet - but NuGet barfs at installing SharpMap in a 3.5 solution. So I believe I have to recompile Sharpmap itself as 3.5 and install without NuGet? Or am I misunderstanding you?
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM
SharpMap have no prebuilt binaries for 3.5, so yes, you need to compile yourself
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM
IIRC BruTile requires .Net403, so you will have to customize brutile as well or remove the tile layers that depend on it.
Maybe we should remove those layers to SharpMap.BruTile to keep core cleaner
Editor
Aug 12, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Moving the dependancies to a separate project is a great idea.

I would also like to see the unity solution as that sounds really cool!!
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM
I have next to no knowledge about Unity3D. SharpMap developer becio asked me to mention that "Unity3D does not support system.drawing so sharpmap cant be used on such environment (yet)".
If you know better, go ahead!