Nuget package

Topics: General Topics, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Aug 22, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Hi,

I’m trying to install SharpMap via nuget and I’m having no luck whatsoever as some of the dependencies are so out of date that the versions I have in my project don’t match. They’re listed as:
  • BruTile (= 0.7.4.4)
  • Common.Logging (= 2.0.0)
  • GeoAPI (= 1.7.2)
  • NetTopologySuite (= 1.13.2)
  • NetTopologySuite.IO (= 1.13.2)
  • NewtonSoft.Json (= 4.5.11)
  • ProjNET4GeoAPI (= 1.3.0.3)
Is there any reason why they are hard-coded as "=" rather than ">="? NewtonSoft.Json for example is set to a version that was released two years ago—it’s now at version 6.0.4!

This all means that in order to install the nuget package I have to deliberately use very outdated versions of other components, whereas if I just download the DLL files (or build it) manually, I can use whatever versions I like.

Is there any chance you can fix this? As it is now it really defeats the point of having it on nuget :(

Dylan
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2014 at 9:10 AM
We will be releasing a new SharpMap 1.2 package soon, depending on a recent version of NewtonSoft.Json.
We constrained the version very thight because we were having issues with components breaking interfaces and thus making the whole package useless.

You can use update-package NewtonSoft.Json -IgnoreDependencies to update it anyhow.
Sep 24, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Thanks. Sorry it took so long to acknowledge this—totally forgot about it! I ended up installing all the dependencies manually, then installing SharpMap with the “-IgnoreDependencies” flag. Seems to have worked so far, but I guess I’ll see what happens when it comes to using it properly.