WKT PRJ PARSER

Topics: CompactFramework, Español, Italiano, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x
Jun 18, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Hi,
i'm an italian student (Messina University), i try to parse a prj file of a shapefile to create a projection system. I have used the sharpmap wkt parse classes, but for every wkt string i've used, i obtain the same error: "expecting "]",but got "," ". I have read that there are a few bugs in these classes so i'm looking for a patch for these. What's the correct repo to get a patched version? I'm working with sharpmapcf v0.9...

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Edited Jun 19, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Hi ladrome1, afaik the only patch was FObermaier's for v2 and patching 0.9 isnt as easy as it should be... The referenced ProjNet (http://projnet.codeplex.com) in the 0.9 version of sharpmap is old and many changes have been made to the ProjNet project since the referenced dll was built - primarily a recent namespace change and previously an added dependency on GeoAPI. So you would need to get the source of an old version of ProjNet - I would start at revision 12783 and go backwards until you find one that works.

Once you have found it (you should probably reference the project rather than the dll you will need to debug both SharpMapCF and ProjNet. If the issue is the same one as Fobermaier patched: on encountering a comma you need to read further - however I believe the tokenizer is different between projnet 1.x and v2 so I am not sure how this translates into method calls.

hth jd