HELP! : MapInfo TAB or RasterLayers

Topics: Algorithms, Data Access, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, WinForms Controls
Jul 15, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Does anyone have a working WinForms application (preferrably VB.NET) that successfully uses GDALRaterLayer?  I have been banging my head against various walls.  Jon Diss has helped greatly (discussion:61316) but I am still stuffed!!  I have tried various builds of the SharpMap.Extensions but still no joy!

If someone could zip their app and post it onto the site I would be forever indebted!!

best regards

Jul 15, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Have you tried this patch?

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Thanks dan3258

I can now get the Raster Layers working fine with your patch... however when I try to use MapInfo TAB files and the OGR provider I get the following error

"Error    1    '.ctor' is ambiguous because multiple kinds of members with this name exist in class 'SharpMap.Data.Providers.Ogr'.    C:\Liverpool\WindowsApplication1\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb    8    37    "

The code that seems to mess up is... (VB.NET Express 2008 version)

MyMapInfoLayer.DataSource = New SharpMap.Data.Providers.Ogr("MyMapinfoTABFile.TAB")

I have the GDAL unmanaged DLLs in the bin\debug folder including the "*wrap.DLLs" too.

Any additional help greatfully received.

Best regards

Jul 17, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Sorry, I have no experience with OGR.  Make sure you copy every dll from fwtools to your debug folder.