BruTile layer re-projection

Topics: SharpMap Project, SharpMap v0.9 / v1.x, SharpMap v2.0
Aug 19, 2015 at 2:57 PM
Hi, i'm currently creating a map with OS British National Grid reference backcloth tiles served-up via a local GeoServer instance and overlaid with WFS vector data. With a tick-box coded up on my app I can then disable the GeoServer WMS tiles and instead use one of the pre-defined BruTile sources as an async tile layer. I've added an OnMouseMove handler and the co-ordinates supplied by the GeoAPI::Geometries::Coordinate instance are BNG Eastings and Northings which verifies the native CRS in play.

The problem I have though is that the when I disable the GeoServer tiles are enable the BruTile async layer, the fetched/display tiles place me just off the shore of Ghana! Is there a way to influence or set the async tile layer destination CRS?
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2015 at 7:04 AM
On-the-fly reprojection for tiles is not implemented.
Aug 20, 2015 at 8:23 AM
Thanks. After reading a few other posts I was beginning to realise this. I've decided a viable workaround would be to have two instances of the vector layers, one untransformed (OS BNGR) and another invisible/disabled transformed to web mercator. I'll toggle the two vector layers visibility as the user toggles between local backcloth tiles and BruTile async tile sources.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2015 at 11:46 AM
Not knowing the amount and kind of your vector data, on-the-fly reprojecting of vector data is supported.